Vacancy | IoT developer
In Ovo is a start-up and spin off company from Leiden University. We have started a new project that you can help to shape! Do you have a strong background in Internet of Things related systems, are you a code wizzard and/or hardware enthousiast? Than get in touch and help us make a global impact on the poultry industry!
In Ovo is a young spin off company from Leiden University. Our goal: make a positive impact on the poultry industry by improving the welfare of billions of chickens and at the same time the earnings of thousands of farmers around the world. Our small team has a background in biology, biomedical sciences, biotechnology and engineering and wants to use that to do good. We are currently working on three very interesting and promising projects. One of which is the development of an IoT solution to improve the breeding process for billions of chickens each year. With clever utilization of sensors it becomes possible to analyse these processes in great detail, adjust them to create optimal conditions and to hatch healthier chickens.
To help us achieve these goals, we are expanding our team with someone with a solid background in IoT: a real code wizzard and hardware enthousiast. You will work closely together with the rest of the team for the development of our sensor platform. The goal: laying out the groundwork for a commercial product and a new, separate company. We are looking for someone who likes a challenge, dreams in code, is a great teamplayer and don't minds to build hardware. Additionally, we like to collaborate with people who share our values and are driven to do good.
- You have several years of experience designing and building industrial/enterprise IoT solutions with a focus on edge devices and micro-controllers
- You have experience in the IoT integration space
- You have experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server)
- You have experience with video frame sets analysis
- You are familiar with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Azure)
- You have experience with ELK stack
- You are familiar with agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- You enjoy working in the fast-changing environment of a startup company
- You speak (and read+write) Dutch and English fluently
In a few months time you and the rest of the team will prove that the solution we are developing will lead to serious improvement in the poultry industry. We intent for this project to become stand-alone. Your role in making this happen is crucial.
For the first five months we offer:
- A 0.4 fte position (five month contract)
- A chance to remain with the project after the first months in case of success and further develop the project into a business
- A goal oriented environment in which you have the freedom to plan your own hours
- The option to contribute to an eggciting innovation that potentially has a global impact on billions of lives in the poultry industry
- An introduction into the poultry industry
The project has started! Hopefully you can join asap.
Send your application via email (email@example.com) before 18 November 2018
Part-time (16 hours)
Holiday allowance, pension fee and introduction into the poultry industry
Strong background in Internet of Things, great team player, fluent in Dutch and English
Apply via email. Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is co-funded by the Horizon 2020 programme of the European Union and Stichting Fonds voor Pluimveebelangen.
Application by agency or recruiters is not appreciated and will be rejected.