Vacancy | Mechanical engineer
In Ovo is a spin-off company from Leiden University. Our multidisciplinary team develops technology that positively impacts animal welfare and sustainability in the poultry industry. We are known for our high-throughput egg sexing solution. This system will prevent the manual sorting and subsequent killing of billions of day-old male chicks worldwide and will make a huge, positive impact on the global poultry industry. Our company will grow substantially over the coming year and will further develop and launch our machine in the market. In order to do this successfully we are looking for a mechanical engineer. She/he will work collaborate with biologists, chemists and other engineers to make a difference.
We are looking for someone who doesn't mind a challenge and is eager to come up with great technical solutions. With our gender screening solution, we can change the global poultry industry for the better and we look for people who are driven by the same motivation as we are. Having experience with automation and/or hatchery or egg processes is a plus. Furthermore:
- You are an engineer (bachelor or master) and you are a good one
- You have five years experience with automating industrialized processes
- You have experience with 3D CAD modelling and have a broad technical skillset
- You enjoy challenges, have shown you can come up with creative and pragmatic solutions to problems and don't mind building stuff yourself
- You enjoy working in the fast-changing environment of a scale-up company
- You are a likeable person, with good communication skills and a talent for project management
- You speak (and read and write) Dutch and English fluently
As the In Ovo mechanical engineer you will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions that will make it possible for our machine to run in a hatchery. You will collaborate with other team members and collaborate with a number of partner companies. You are hands on and are not afraid to implement technical solutions.
What we offer:
- A full-time position in a multidisciplinary team
- A contract for one year, with the intention to extend this
- A competitive salary
- Lots of freedom, flexibility and own responsibility
- The option to contribute to an eggciting project that has a global impact on animal welfare for billions of chicks
- A high-tech machine that you will have great impact on
- A great network of partner companies to work with
- A growing company, in which we encourage you to grow as well
- A custom training programme
The project has started. We can use your help asap!
Send your application via email (email@example.com) before 24 January 2020
Full time (40 hours)
Holiday allowance, pension fee and customized training programme
Engineer, several years of experience, fluent in Dutch and English, experience with automating industrialized processes
Apply via email. Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking for more info? Email us or call to +31 71 569 0228.
Application by agency or recruiters is not appreciated and will be rejected immediately.