Vacancy | Scientist mass spectrometry
In Ovo is a spin-off company from Leiden University. Our multidisciplinary team develops technology that positively impacts animal welfare and sustainability in the poultry industry. We are known for our high-throughput egg sexing solution. This system will prevent the manual sorting and subsequent killing of billions of day-old male chicks worldwide and will make a huge, positive impact on the global poultry industry. Our company will grow substantially over the coming year and will further develop and launch our machine in the market. In order to do this successfully we are looking for a scientist mass spectrometry. She/he will work collaborate with biologists, chemists and other engineers to make a difference.
We are looking for someone who doesn't mind a challenge and is eager to come up with great solutions. With our gender screening solution, we can change the global poultry industry for the better and we look for people who are driven by the same motivation as we are. Having experience with high throughput MS is a plus. Furthermore:
- You are a scientist and have affinity with analytical chemistry and metabolomics
- You have five years of experience in working with mass spec platforms
- You enjoy challenges, have shown you can come up with creative and pragmatic solutions to problems and are eager to apply your scientific knowledge on a real-world problem
- You enjoy working in the fast-changing environment of a scale-up company
- You are a likeable person, with good communication skills and a talent for project management
- You speak (and read and write) Dutch and English fluently
As the In Ovo scientist mass spectrometry you will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions that will make it possible to screen millions of eggs in hatcheries. You will collaborate with other team members and collaborate with a number of partner companies. You are hands on and are not afraid to implement technical solutions.
What we offer:
- A full-time position in a multidisciplinary team
- A contract for one year, with the intention to extend this
- A competitive salary
- Lots of freedom, flexibility and own responsibility
- The option to contribute to an eggciting project that has a global impact on animal welfare for billions of chicks
- A high-tech mass spectrometry platform that you will have great impact on
- A great network of partner companies to work with
- A growing company, in which we encourage you to grow as well
- A custom training programme
The project has started. We can use your help asap!
Send your application via email (email@example.com) before 31 January 2020
Full time (40 hours)
Holiday allowance, pension fee and customized training programme
Scientist, five years experience with mass spectrometry, affinity with analytical chemistry and metabolomics
Apply via email. Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 January. Do you want more info? Call us on +31 71 569 0228.
Application by agency or recruiters is not appreciated and will be rejected immediately.